Thursday, July 5, 2012

Nurture.

I bought myself a housewarming present: a basil plant! I love cooking with the herb, and I felt that my big girl apartment needed a plant. I got the prettiest, healthiest one Trader Joes had to offer and found the perfect spot for it on my patio. Bad idea. Let's just say, "Out of sight, out of mind." Well, at least out of sight for me. Needless to say, it was a more than optimal location for the sun's sight. As you can imagine, after a mere two days of raging Georgia heat and lack of water, my poor basil plant was all but withered dead. Ironically, it was a mild reflection of how drained and lonely I felt after my first week in Atlanta with no furniture or roommate.

BUT! Then a miracle happened—for both my plant and myself! My mom came! It was amazing: just a few short hours after her arrival, my pathetic, withered plant was in water and reviving! On a similar not, my empty apartment was coming to life with furniture, a made bed, pictures on the wall and music playing. How do moms do that? One of life's mysteries I will never know...or complain about!

1 comment:

  1. It made me feel better too, just knowing I could do something for you! It's nice to be needed! I love your new apartment!

    ReplyDelete