Friday, August 3, 2012

Break-in.

Well, the ATL definitely welcomed me to the city. A casual dinner at a restaurant .5miles from my office and 1 mile from my apartment ended with my car window being smashed in and my work bag being stollen. Contents taken: beautiful bag, 2 MacBook Pro computers (work and personal), iPod and my new notebooks full of my fry few weeks of training. Basically my life- I was devastated. What is almost a worse crime than the break-in was the hour and 46 minutes it took a police officer I show up. Normally I wouldn't complain because I'd hope they were tending to more immediate situations, but it was midnight in downtown Atlanta and I was in a parking lot by myself. I called 911 three times asking for someone to come soon due to the sketchy characters driving, parking and walking through the lot where I stood. I was mentally freaking myself out more than anything. Fortunately the cop that showed up was the nixed police officer I've met and did all he could. Nothing came of it and my bag and computers are gone for good. Welcome to Atlanta!

No comments:

Post a Comment